Sunday, May 30, 2010

I'M GOOD. HOW ARE YOU?
I've been sitting in the same spot in this cafe for over 2 hours now, catching up on some administrative work that I have, but above that, I'm just enjoying the weather.
The drawing above, is a scene that I drew a moment ago while looking outside of the window... with my stylus and laptop.

How strange.
I'm using my laptop as a sketchbook.

I forget sometimes to take breaks. I get so caught up in the idea of having to execute the ideas that I have lingering inside my head, that I eventually find myself sitting in a room with projects that are half born. I read somewhere that having too many ideas, working on too many projects at once is equivalent to working on none at all. I'm not sure if I believe this theory because I still feel productive sitting in a heap, and mess of supplies. The issue that I have is trying to get over the fact that not all of it has to result in generating income - at least not yet. I forget how long it takes to create a body of work that is good.
Good.
What a word.
It's just like describing something as interesting.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I can totally relate to this feeling, as I currently am juggling 3 personal projects as well as work and at the end of the day feel a bit like I have been spinning my wheels. But I know I have been doing something...though not much to show for it.

Huge fan of your work, by the way. So glad to have found your blog!