Friday, January 22, 2010

VALENTINE'S DAY


I know that this is a bit too early to post, but I wanted to show some drawings that I completed for my Valentine's Graphic T's. 2010 has been a great ride so far - I mean, only 3 weeks have gone by since the new year, but I've been ultra productive.
December was pretty slow, however, I figured that since magazines oftentimes couple their November and December issues together that that was the reason for the slowdown. Editorial projects make up the bulk of my work so when my phone doesn't ring as often as I'm accustomed to, then I do get a bit anxious. That's the life of a freelancer. Still, that's no reason to stop working. Regardless of whether or not I'm working on commissioned projects, I feel that it's necessary for me to continue to work on self-initiated ones, even though they might never be seen by anyone. I have some friends who are Illustrators who believe that creating 1 personal piece every 2 weeks or so is a good habit to keep, while another friend of mine makes it a purpose to create 1 personal series per year. However frequent or infrequent you decide to spend on personal projects, I think the important thing is to realize that that it's necessary to continue to work even when you're not expected to do so.
I sound as though I'm lecturing.
I'm not. I'm just tired.
I digress.

Anyway, these drawings that I've been creating, although somewhat random, has really ignited some creative fire inside of me. Once I get into the motions of drawing, and revising, and drawing and revising these images, I completely forget about time.
Ride the wave. Ride the wave. Inspiration doesn't always show itself.

I arrived at the studio today at about 9am... it's midnight now... sure, I took a dinner break, but for the most part I chose to cloister myself in my studio.
I'm tired.
Really tired.
I wrote more, but realized that it wasn't making any sense, and so I erased it.
Time to take off and regroup tomorrow.
I'm working on a commissioned piece over the weekend, due Monday.
It's a fashion piece.
.
My fingers feel like jelly and my brain has probably shrunk to the size of a raisin.
I've got to get out of here.
Be back tomorrow.
Good night!
Oh, and here's the link to my V-day products on Zazzle.com

No comments: